Weekly News of Interest
Listed below are links to news articles that may be of interest to the wetland community. They also appear in the monthly issue of Wetland News Digest. Readers are encouraged to send links to recent articles, publications, and other resources pertaining to wetlands in their local area to Marla Stelk, Executive Director at and reference “In the News” in the subject box.
- USDA increases funding to safeguard, restore wetland ecosystems
- San Francisco Bay Water Quality Improvement Fund 2022 Requests for Applications NOW OPEN
- Water is critical to restore the Rio Grande ecosystem at Rio Bosque
- Lake Tahoe wetland destroyed in 1960s getting second chance
- Nature-Based Solutions 2.0: Show Me The Money
- Using Beavers To Restore Wetlands In The National Park System
NAWM Helps Provide State-Tribal Perspectives on WOTUS to the U.S. Supreme Court in Sackett
NAWM has joined with other water resource management organizations and filed an amicus (“friend of the Court”) brief in the Sackett case currently before the U.S. Supreme Court, to provide a state and tribal water resource management perspective on issues before the Court. To see the amicus brief, click here. In Sackett, the Supreme Court is deciding whether the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and EPA were correct when they used Kennedy’s “significant nexus” standard to conclude that wetlands on the Sackett’s Idaho property were jurisdictional. Oral arguments are scheduled for the first day of their 2022-23 Term, on Monday October 3, 2022, with a decision anticipated in the spring of 2023. All briefs and other documents in the Sackett case can be found at Search - Supreme Court of the United States.